Nepal Visa Information
Getting a tourist visa in Nepal is quick and easy. Under the Department of Immigration, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) has made the provision of ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure, which means you will get your visa stamped on your passport on Arrival.
However, during the busy seasons, you may have to pass a long queue for the visa. To skip those long waiting hours, you may as well get the visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions on your country. It’s upon you to choose.
Also, you may get the visa at border entry points in Kakarvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kodari on the Nepal-China border.
- A valid Passport.
- A passport-sized photo with a light background.
- Visa fees
Payment can be made through different media; however, Cash is the most reliable means. Make sure you carry some cash with you.
Valid Currencies for visa payment
- Euro Swiss
- Pound Sterling
- US Dollar
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Japanese Yen.
Visa Fees (On Arrival)
15 Days – 25 USD ($)
30 Days – 40 USD ($)
90 Days – 100 USD ($)
Children under 10 years of age are an exemption for Visa Fees Payment.
To renew the visa, visit the Department of Immigration at Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
For further information, please contact the Department of Immigration
Tel: 977 – 01 – 4433934 / 4429660/ 4438862 / 4438868 |Fax: 977 – 01 – 4433935
|Email: email@example.com |Website: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
Free (Gratis) Visa
- There is no need of Visa for Indian Nationals; however, if they wish to enter Nepal by flight, then they must carry either passport or Election Commission Card or any other identity card with photograph issued by the state or central government of India.
- Visa fee is exempted for the citizens of SAARC Countries for 30 days: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Afghan citizens are eligible for the gratis visa only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration.
- Chinese nationals can apply for a gratis visa from Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, Consulate General of Nepal at Lhasa, Hongkong and Honorary Consulate of Nepal in Shanghai.
- Non-Residential Nepalese (NRN) card holder (issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad).
- Fill in ‘Arrival Card’
- Complete the Online ‘Tourist Visa’ form. You may fill it before coming to Nepal (from the website), but the form is valid only for 15 days. Print out the submission receipt with barcode and carry it along for acquiring a visa. Or, if you fill the form from Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport, then there is no need for printing.
- Make your visa payment and get the receipt.
- Go to the immigration desk and submit the payment receipt, online form and a valid passport to the immigration officer for the visa processing and he/she will stamp the visa on satisfaction.